• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A bad week for moneygrubbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Going by the size of Whitelee ( 40mw output on average , 55km^2 land size ) which theoretically produces 1% of Scotland's energy requirements at 18% efficiency we have to cover .8% of Scotland (78,387 km² ) in wind farms, I note that the efficiency can sometimes drop to 6% so we have to cover a 2.5% of Scotland in this...
    Assuming that 1% of Scotland's need is met by 55 km², then 100% would be 5500 km² wouldn't it?

Which is not 0.8% of Scotland but 8% .

Or have I misunderstood something?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Assuming that 1% of Scotland's need is met by 55 km², then 100% would be 5500 km² wouldn't it?

Which is not 0.8% of Scotland but 8% .

Or have I misunderstood something?
      That is actually what I first put down, 5 minutes later doing something else I reflected on the calculations and thought "I've made an error, that can't be true" and went in for a hasty edit.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        That is actually what I first put down, 5 minutes later doing something else I reflected on the calculations and thought "I've made an error, that can't be true" and went in for a hasty edit.
        Easily done.

It certainly changes the vista up there. The bens, the glens, the wilderness with its giant white propellers...

Comment

Working...
        X