• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Catastrophe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It's starting to look like In North America they had the refusal of the great lakes ice to melt, In Europe we had a cold July, Asia - freezing, Arctic - ice up, Antarctic - ice up, Australia - dismal and cold, South America - colder than normal.
    But from a global point of view, it seems to have been very warm.
    Absolutely:

“We Are Now Starting To See A Dramatic Cooling In The Arctic”, Says Former NOAA Meteorologist …”Extremely Cold” From 2025 To 2050!
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      It's starting to look like In North America they had the refusal of the great lakes ice to melt, In Europe we had a cold July, Asia - freezing, Arctic - ice up, Antarctic - ice up, Australia - dismal and cold, South America - colder than normal.
      But from a global point of view, it seems to have been very warm.
      The US Forestry Service is spending $100 million a week fighting wildfires, the acreage burning being at a record high, California has declared a state of emergency due to the fires and record drought, now in its fourth year.

July temperatures in Australia were 0.41C above average, several locations setting new records for the month.

Global ice extent has plummeted, in line with its long term trend, arctic ice set a new low in March and is on track to be the third lowest minimum on record (as I predicted this is described as a recovery).

Cherries, dear boy. Try the big picture, most of the surface is ocean and the El Nino is still strengthening.

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

As I pointed out, it's cool where we have the thermometers and massively hot where we have none.
        No one is arguing about that.

except the sattelites, obv. they are saying it's cool everywhere.
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There are thousands of thermometers in the oceans.

HTH.

Comment

brrr....

http://icelandreview.com/news/2015/0...ng-cold-period

Climate cycles.....
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              The US Forestry Service is spending $100 million a week fighting wildfires, the acreage burning being at a record high, California has declared a state of emergency due to the fires and record drought, now in its fourth year.

July temperatures in Australia were 0.41C above average, several locations setting new records for the month.

Global ice extent has plummeted, in line with its long term trend, arctic ice set a new low in March and is on track to be the third lowest minimum on record (as I predicted this is described as a recovery).

Cherries, dear boy. Try the big picture, most of the surface is ocean and the El Nino is still strengthening.

So you clearly don't understand the EL Nino Oscillation cycle.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

'cool everywhere'

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

Comment

no need to post links or graphs pj

you have the Grand mufti of Uganda behind you

and that's good enough for me
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    So you don't understand the Pacific Decadal Oscillation or the Atlantic Multdecadal Oscillation.

Climate cycles..
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      So you don't understand the Pacific Decadal Oscillation or the Atlantic Multdecadal Oscillation.

Climate cycles..
                      I understand the definition of the word 'oscillation', also that both have been in negative or cool phase since the 1990s or earlier while the planet, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X