• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where there is a will, there is a way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    It wasn't her money when the will came to be executed - It's easy to be generous with someone else's money.

Courts don't set aside wills on a whim, which would be bad I admit.
    Moral of the story - fake your own death to make sure your will is executed as intended and if it's not ...

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      person is suddenly befriended by a young gold digger
      That's fine actually

Comment

What I read about this case is that the mother didn't have strong links with the animal charities so it can be concluded she acted out of spite.

Also I think judges don't like animal charities very much as this isn't the first case some of them have fought.

The only thing I conclude from this is if you hate your offspring and are elderly leave your money to your cleaner, your home help and the postman.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          What I read about this case is that the mother didn't have strong links with the animal charities so it can be concluded she acted out of spite.

Also I think judges don't like animal charities very much as this isn't the first case some of them have fought.

The only thing I conclude from this is if you hate your offspring and are elderly leave your money to your cleaner, your home help and the postman.
          I also heard a Lawyer talk about this and said "If you really want to do this, then give most of it away first. It can't be overruled in the will then as it is already gone."

Comment

Originally posted by Underbase View Post
            I also heard a Lawyer talk about this and said "If you really want to do this, then give most of it away first. It can't be overruled in the will then as it is already gone."
            Overulling that would be next step surely?

Comment

It's her money, if she acted out of spite that only proves it was HER WILL.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It's her money, if she acted out of spite that only proves it was HER WILL.
                I know from other court cases I know more about than what is published in the media, we don't get to hear some of the interesting facts which sway the judge. I suspect the animal charities were up to no good e.g. were deliberately obstructive when asked repeatedly to give certain documentary evidence to the court.

There are some interesting sites about contesting wills in the UK on the web. Generally if you write a will doing it properly using a solicitor with witnesses, do it at least a good few months before you die and aren't incapacitated when you write it, then it stands.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I know from other court cases I know more about than what is published in the media, we don't get to hear some of the interesting facts which sway the judge. I suspect the animal charities were up to no good e.g. were deliberately obstructive when asked repeatedly to give certain documentary evidence to the court.

There are some interesting sites about contesting wills in the UK on the web. Generally if you write a will doing it properly using a solicitor with witnesses, do it at least a good few months before you die and aren't incapacitated when you write it, then it stands.
                  You are very smart...

What are you doing on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Totally agree. Nowt to add.
                    I'll add my agreement and another nowt.

Comment

Allegedly the daughter eloped with the Mother's other half and subsequently popped out a few sprogs with him. I can see why that didn't quite sit right with the old girl.
                      In retrospect, she could have avoided this unfortunate outcome by simply having gifted her excess cash to the "Maketheincrediblycharmingshaunbhoyconsiderablyric her Foundation".
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X