• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper grim news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper grim news

Coach firm sacked more than a dozen drivers by text as their boss sunned herself on Spanish beach

Furious bus drivers found out they had been sacked by text - as their boss sunned herself on holiday.

Ann Marie McKay had an employee tell staff the surprise news she was shutting down the Glasgow-based Skyline Coaches while she was in Spain.

Drivers were shocked to receive a message telling them 'to bother coming in tomorrow' on Monday evening.

Depot boss Craig Walker, who was forced to break the news, text around 16 staff saying: 'Guys, I got a phone call from Ann Marie this evening to say that she is closing the business down tonight,' reported the Daily Record.

'I would not bother coming in tomorrow. When I get more information I will let you all know.'

He also assured staff that they would get paid what they were due.

But employees were angry with the disrespectful way they were told they were now unemployed

Skyline Coaches firm sacked drivers by text as boss sunned herself on beach  | Daily Mail Online

So it was the depot boss that did the deed by text not the boss?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X