• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists playing god part 1287

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating
    When was the last time that happened on CUK?

I think being hated can be taken as normal.

Comment

Breaking news: not all scientists are equal. They're a bit like newspapers in that respect. This is what happens when the Fail meets a couple of philosophers down the pub.

Comment

Fascinating where thinking can get you!

I love this piece on the Fermi Paradox

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The universe is FAKE and we're playthings of advanced civilisation says theory | Daily Mail Online

Okay. I admit it. I believe them. But then I believe in imaginary pink unicorns too.
          If it's true, I would like to turn my settings down from Legendary to Beginner, cause I've got no idea how to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Fascinating where thinking can get you!

I love this piece on the Fermi Paradox
            Very interesting.

So where is everybody?

Comment

The universe is FAKE and we're playthings of advanced civilisation says theory | Daily Mail Online

Okay. I admit it. I believe them. But then I believe in imaginary pink unicorns too.
              What does it mean to say that the universe is fake? What is the universe anyway but the sum of everything we know of. Even if it's a computer program that doesn't mean it doesn't exist because computer programs are real things that have to be created by people like us. And even if we are playthings of an advanced civilisation it doesn't change anything. There's nothing we can do about it. If the gods decide to reboot the system and wipe us all out we can't stop them and we won't know anything about it.

Nothing to see here. Carry on as normal.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Very interesting.

So where is everybody?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you believe in them you can't say they're imaginary.
                  Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I was about to say the same thing, but you have saved me making a post.
                  See my sig...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X