• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car quandry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    What you got? I'm looking for a second hand porsche cayman <25k.

I am, honest, I was waiting for someone to mention cars just to say I'm going to buy a porsche. Obviously, some twat will turn up now and say you are not a proper contractor if it's second-hand, bastard.
    Au contraire Rodney. I will soon pick up my favourite 80's-mobile, a 944 S2.

Though I'm still not quite sure when to tell Mrs T, I am braced for the inevitable "you bought WHAT??!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post

Though I'm still not quite sure when to tell Mrs T, I am braced for the inevitable "you bought WHAT??!"
      She might have a brain and be more of a 928S girl
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Au contraire Rodney. I will soon pick up my favourite 80's-mobile, a 944 S2
        You're kidding! I wanted / lusted after one of those for many years. Saw one recently, my how the look has aged. Hope you enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          She might have a brain and be more of a 928S girl
          S4 surely? 928s are going for silly money at the moment.

She is, for all her positives, very much a Mazda girl. The best case scenario is probably the silent treatment and the sofabed for a week.

Comment

928 one of very few good looking cars ever to come out of Germany.

These cars' looks have aged, but only in the way of getting smaller. They look very small next to a modern hyper-morbidly-obese supermini.

Comment

Car quandry

Don't forget the 916. What a beauty.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 12 August 2015, 12:44.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                You're kidding! I wanted / lusted after one of those for many years. Saw one recently, my how the look has aged. Hope you enjoy it
                Oh, I will. It's the same as this one (not my reg.)

Assuming she doesn't blow up in the first month, I'm considering one of those trans-European rallies, accompanied by a special 80's mixtape.

Comment

S4 surely? 928s are going for silly money at the moment.

She is, for all her positives, very much a Mazda girl. The best case scenario is probably the silent treatment and the sofabed for a week.
                  Didn't like the S4 personally. Thought the spoiler ruined it.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's not my thang to be honest, but enjoy it, life is too short.

Mrs W is all for me getting a Porsche even though it will mean a delay on converting the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Mrs W is all for me getting a Porsche even though it will mean a delay on converting the garage.
                      Is that because she wants a Porsche AND the house in the upcoming divorce?

Comment

Working...
                      X