• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When to book holidays?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to book holidays?

We've always arranged our own holidays, researching places to stay and booking travel directly, but we've noticed one operator has a direct flight not available through normal channels and are interested in what they offer.

But never having been on a package holiday we've no idea how far in advance it's normal to book, whether prices are negotiable, etc.

Anyone got some good tips how to approach this?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

What did your accountant say?

Comment

Don't forget to get the contract with the holiday company reviewed.

Comment

My butler arranges mine.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          We've always arranged our own holidays, researching places to stay and booking travel directly, but we've noticed one operator has a direct flight not available through normal channels and are interested in what they offer.

But never having been on a package holiday we've no idea how far in advance it's normal to book, whether prices are negotiable, etc.

Anyone got some good tips how to approach this?

Depends which operator. Early, or very late and unfussy about accommodation, are normally the cheapest options. Check out things like Tesco clubcard vouchers too.

Comment

A holiday? You're clearly not cut out for contracting.
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

The cheaper ones like thomson & thomas cook sell out early.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                The crappier ones like thomson & thomas cook sell out early.
                FTFY

Comment

When to book holidays?
                  I am tempted to answer "frequently", but I will try and be more helpful.

I try to book holidays according to season, so I book skiing holidays in the winter, usually January to March or even early April (I like Spring skiing) and summer holidays in the summer, usually May to July, but it does depend on the destination; if travelling further afield it is wise to check that the season is the same at the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Depends which operator. Early, or very late and unfussy about accommodation, are normally the cheapest options. Check out things like Tesco clubcard vouchers too.
                    What does "early" mean though? We typically sort out bespoke holidays 1-2 months before, but I get the impression some people book a year ahead.

Thanks for all the other helpful replies.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X