• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK jobless total rises by 25,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought that was just the UK?
    Apparently, consumers in other countries like to feel good about their house price too. But we Brits are especially enamoured with our house prices, and George Osborne's dial goes to 11. He's a canny bastward, I'll give him that.

Comment

Meanwhile in other news...

EU-born migrants working in the UK hits 2m for first time - Telegraph

There has also been a significant rise in the number of Romanians and Bulgarians working in the UK, from 147,000 when restrictions were lifted in January 2014 to 189,000 in April to June 2015.

The overall number of foreign-born workers in the UK, including both EU and non-EU workers, has risen to nearly 5million, fuelled by a surge in the number of people from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

There has been a fall in the number of people born in Africa, South Africa, the US and Australia and New Zealand in the UK.

Comment

I just realised I am a statistic now

Comment

Working...
        X