• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE 100 crash soon.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE 100 crash soon.

I can feel it in me water.

Maybe 50% drop from 2015 highs. Probably a good buying opportunity soon.

Caused by China, Oil prices, global conflicts, recent exuberance, etc.

Comment

Maybe rise in interest rates and bond market / property crash as well. Possible Euro problems.

Could get very nasty. My guess is late September / early October.

Gold now somewhere near cost of production so should be a good buy.
      Last edited by DodgyAccountant; 13 August 2015, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post
        Maybe rise in interest rates and bond market / property crash as well.

Could get very nasty.

Gold and Silver very cheap at moment.
        not going to see a rise in interest rates...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes I'm feeling that there will be yet another dip in our dodecahedral dip recession
          Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post
            Maybe rise in interest rates and bond market / property crash as well. Possible Euro problems.

Could get very nasty. My guess is late September / early October.

Gold now somewhere near cost of production so should be a good buy.
            Good job Gordon Brown sold off those gold reserves when he did, or we'd be worried about that as well.

Comment

So are you buying any put options? Or selling FTSE on spread betting?

Comment

Too soon for a crash, it'll be another 2 or 3 years, no excesses yet!! China is just a pullback, first of all we need to go through a commodities recovery, once oil prices are hitting 120, and interest rates are up, then the crash will come.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Too soon for a crash, it'll be another 2 or 3 years, no excesses yet!! China is just a pullback, first of all we need to go through a commodities recovery, once oil prices are hitting 120, and interest rates are up, then the crash will come.
                  Oil is heading lower - maybe $40 a barrel.

Commodities are falling.

There are no more bricks for the pyramid.

That's the crash. 2017 feels right.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    You might be right about the timeframe, who knows. I don't think you're right about commodities though, as there's a supply glut and a demand vacuum and neither of those things are likely to pass soon. If China continues to meddle (one of several possible triggers), and they will of course, a crash could be precipitated much sooner than 2-3 years. Also, UK banks have enormous exposure to China (one of the highest exposures of any country in the world), putting aside HSBC and StanChart.

Comment

Working...
                    X