• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid-life Crisis may be ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Not planned though she wanted a kid but I wanted to wait another few years .... May be accidently forgot to take pill .... Pretty worried as I'm not sold on it tbh ... anyone else felt the same when told and did you come round to it over time ?

All I'm thinking now is OMFG, OMFG.
    Oh yes it was!!!

Snigger

She has proper done your legs mate!
    Never mind, grit your teeth and make the best of it!

Comment

Dear deidre, in a few years time I will be 40, but for some reason this year I have totally had enough of working and just want to quit and do something totally different, the stuff I do I don't really enjoy in fact I hate IT tbh but £ is good, but the thought of going on like this is for another 20 years is making me depressed.

I have no other job to go to at the moment but I am on the verge of resigning (3 months notice), not sure if its a mid-life crisis and will pass, or if I should just go with it and quit ?
      the issue here sounds like you've been placed as 'contractor' in perm position, this is illegal and wrong and explains why you feel the way you do. the problem is most people don't have a choice.

i've given up working via agencies only recently, but thats only because i don't need the £££ anymore. i've nearly doubled my asking rate and going out there looking for freelance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
        Oh yes it was!!!

Snigger

She has proper done your legs mate!
        Never mind, grit your teeth and make the best of it!
        You can imagine the heartbroken scene before he woke up after she peed on that stick....

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Not planned though she wanted a kid but I wanted to wait another few years .... May be accidently forgot to take pill .... Pretty worried as I'm not sold on it tbh ... anyone else felt the same when told and did you come round to it over time ?

All I'm thinking now is OMFG, OMFG.
          Ahh well. Time to grow up and be a man, not a kidult. You are nearly 40 after all.

But seriously of course you are thinking OMFG. Because your entire world has just been turned upside down.

But don't worry. There is every chance that in 18 months time you'll be posting on here saying how pleased ( but knackered ) you are.

Don't forget this fact. When the baby is born you are genetically programmed to love it, more deeply and fully than you have ever loved anything before.

Comment

Working...
          X