• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment company in India.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    If you are in the UK going for a UK-based role, then someone from an agency in a country far away is probably not so much an agent finding you a contract, as a parasite inserting himself in the chain, to your cost.
    Harsh
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Harsh
      Unbelievably liberal of you DA since your lot are now getting Bobbed out as well
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Unbelievably liberal of you DA since your lot are now getting Bobbed out as well
        I am out bobbing them with my rat run across the mediterranean
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I am out bobbing them with my rat run across the mediterranean
          Across to Syria?

CUK (I'm sure) would be happy to sponsor your one way ticket

Comment

Harsh
            Not at all. I am happy to work with agents. I am happy to be taken on by a Tier 2 agent, on the grounds that the Tier 1 agent found the role and the Tier 2 agent found me, and we got together through the combined work of the two agents. But if the "Tier2(+?)" agent is in India, I find it less easy to swallow the idea that were it not for him I would never have found the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Not at all. I am happy to work with agents. I am happy to be taken on by a Tier 2 agent, on the grounds that the Tier 1 agent found the role and the Tier 2 agent found me, and we got together through the combined work of the two agents. But if the "Tier2(+?)" agent is in India, I find it less easy to swallow the idea that were it not for him I would never have found the contract.
              Obviously, you can find multi tiered arragments can lose you a role, if one of the tiers is too greedy.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I did this once and they wanted to put me forward for a role at half my usual rate.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I did this once and they wanted to put me forward for a role at half my usual rate.
                  Hmm, I once had that happen. They (STERIA France) didn't ask me first, they just went ahead an put me in at half my rate. The trouble was that I had just given another agent exclusivity at my usual rate. That didn't go well.

Comment

Working...
                  X