• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PetroDollarWarrior View Post
    My last two cars have been purchased via finance. I used Oracle Finance to arrange - very painless process. (I'm new to this forum so apologies if I'm not meant to write company names)

Ignore the posters banging on about depreciating assets etc....no point being the richest contractor in the graveyard!
    I'd argue you are not a proper contractor if you have to take finance out for just an Aston....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I'd argue you are not a proper contractor if you have to take finance out for just an Aston....
      Depends how cheap the finance is. If you want a brand new car it can be stupidly cheaper to take the finance after a broker has discounted the price...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Em, not sure what that means..."not a proper contractor", if I have to finance a car?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Depends how cheap the finance is. If you want a brand new car it can be stupidly cheaper to take the finance after a broker has discounted the price...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Have you spoken to your car financer?
            HAHAAHAHA knew it was coming...

No his inside IR35, i don't talk to people inside IR35

Comment

Em, not sure what that means..."not a proper contractor", if I have to finance a car?
              NLUK means he bought his Dacia Sandero for cash.....
              Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Currently a 2011 Aston Martin Virage prior to that V8 Vantage. Both totally ridiculous and impractical cars......but hey , life is short!
                WOW

Love it mate !!! I could do it but the Mrs would defo depart Bravo my fellow contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
                  NLUK means he bought his Dacia Sandero for cash.....
                  HAAHA ... Nope his still driving around in his 1990's Nissan Micra which he bought out of his first day's contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
                    HAAHA ... Nope his still driving around in his 1990's Nissan Micra which he bought out of his first day's contracting.
                    What's wrong with that? I might be a contractor but I'm still a Yorkshire guy so tight as a gnats chuff!

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
                      And he will be retired, sipping fine wine at 50, and you will be working another 20 years longer, as you pissed the money up the wall. The good times/IT contracting isn't going to last forever, far from it.

Comment

Working...
                      X