• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shareholder to withdraw more dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sophieuk View Post
    Hi all,

I have been contracting for couple of years. I am looking to buy my house and am in need of more cash for my deposit. My accountant advised me to consider making a (non working) friend as my shareholder. I am single so I dont have an option to make my spouse a shareholder.

My friend can withdraw dividends from my company as a shareholder and give that money to me as gift. Is this a safe approach ? Will I get myself in trouble with HMRC ??

Any guidance on this topic will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    Sophie
    Ignore what the other users have said earlier. Treat me as your friend.

Shall I send out my Bank acc + Sort code to your main ID? or should I send it to your Sockie?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Shall I send out my Bank acc + Sort code to your main ID? or should I send it to your Sockie?
      Norfolk 'n' Chance?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

It's my sockie, you can send it to me. I'm sure I'll find some use for the data.

Comment

Working...
        X