• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices only go up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in your interest for house prices to stay high, but not for me (I do own a house BTW).

It's funny how high fuel costs are an outrage, but high house prices are absolutely fine.

Do I want a house price crash - you betcha. Not for financial gains (catch another wave), just to have houses as homes, and not asset cash cows.

Personally I would be very happy to see prices fall 50% and then rise by inflation p/a for the next 50 years.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        It's in your interest for house prices to stay high, but not for me (I do own a house BTW).

You say, that but I don't believe you. If house prices fell 50%, would you have negative equity? In other words is your mortgage more than 1/2 the value of your house?

If so, a property crash would be no good to you.

1. You'd have negative equity, lenders will not lend to you, and your deposit has been swallowed up.
        2. If property prices fell hard, lenders would withdraw most mortgage products. We'd be back to 40% min deposit and 10% interest rates with £5000 application fees. 99.9% of those looking to buy would be screwed.

Only those with hundreds of thousands of pounds in cash would benefit or those that were renting, but with huge deposits available as cash.

So I don't believe you own a house, I think you are a bitter renter.

Comment

House Prices are firmly in the supply and demand process.

House Price were affected in 2007 because access to easy money was stopped, that's the only reason.

Houses now are only for people who can afford them.

Prices are determined by the demand (increasing levels of demand for the foreseeable future)
          and Supply (not enough building of new houses to keep up with the increasing demand)

It will require a series of government laws to be introduced and a sustainable government building project for prices to be affected.

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post

House Price were affected in 2007 because access to easy money was stopped, that's the only reason.

Prices are determined by the demand (increasing levels of demand for the foreseeable future)
            and Supply (not enough building of new houses to keep up with the increasing demand)

It will require a series of government laws to be introduced and a sustainable government building project for prices to be affected.
            And a stop to the population growth, driven by immigration, so none of the above is going to happen.

What will continue to happen is further big increase in immigration, less house building, more laws to protect wealthy land owners and house builders, more money printing and cheaper mortgages, more QE funny money going to BTL lending.

Comment

Nonsense. It is a speculative bubble.

Investors from China FFS!

Comment

Nonsense. It is a speculative bubble.

Investors from China FFS!
                you sir are blinkered

Comment

House prices only go up

you sir are blinkered
                  I will take that as a compliment.

Comment

House prices only go up

http://www.cml.org.uk/news/market-co...february-2015/

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      If you say so. I can't see why a country that has a relationship with the EU like Norway does (Norway and the European Union) cannot succeed. We then adopt an Australian style immigration policy.
                      Norway got oil and gas, there will never be any trade barriers to those commodities, so they could stay out of EU and keep all the money, smart move on their part.

Comment

Working...
                      X