• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renting house out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting house out

As some of you will know I have no end of problems with several of my neighbours.

Culminating tonight with the witch across the road, after asking me to move my car so her husband who recently had a fall could park directly outside her house.

I did it, despite them being complete bastards to us for several years as I'm nice like that.

4 hours later I caught her taking photos of my car as I had parked it on the footpath outside my house due to her husband taking up two spaces.

That coupled with the other idiots who surround me has got me thinking, I did intend to sell this house. But now I really want to rent it out, preferably to housing benefit, with a big dog that barks, and someone who owns a massive work van or scrap metal dealer.

Petty, but it would give me great enjoyment.

Anyone rented a place out through the council to people like that?

Is that you, Wilmslow?

Comment

You know you will get the nicest council tenants ever and your neighbours will make their lives a misery? It's guaranteed because your neighbours are basta*ds. (It will probably be a refugee family.)

I would suggest you get some second year Arts/Social Science undergraduates in if you live in a university town.

They will destroy your house and really terrorise the neighbours as well.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ask her why she's taking pictures? And if she mouths off, park opposite her drive
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Speak to your local council. They normally have a team that help out with 'last resort' type tenants.

In my own area (South Kesteven) the team is called Housing Solutions.

If you do go down that route, don't expect the tenants to look after your house as well as you have.

Good luck...

Comment

Rent a dozen of big skips and park them all around that public road.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
              As some of you will know I have no end of problems with several of my neighbours.
              A gas leak would be a terrible thing....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Ask her why she's taking pictures? And if she mouths off, park opposite her drive
                She's didn't answer the door. But rest assured my car was moved right outside her front window

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Rent a dozen of big skips and park them all around that public road.
                  I already have one on my drive, which is another one of the things they are moaning about as it has been there for a total of five days, shock horror.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                    I already have one on my drive, which is another one of the things they are moaning about as it has been there for a total of five days, shock horror.
                    Don't put bricks in it ...

Comment

Working...
                    X