• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling to work 'is work'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling to work 'is work'

Travelling to work 'is work', European court rules - BBC News

Of course it is.

<as cojak swans off at 14.30>
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Travelling to work 'is work', European court rules - BBC News

Of course it is.

<as cojak swans off at 14.30>
    So if MyCoLtd requires me to travel to and from a client's premises for the purpose of providing services, surely expenses incurred by such travel ought to be reimbursed, as that's working time? This could presumably have implications for little Georgy Osborne's ideas about travel expenses, if some lawyer gets their grubby mitts on it

Comment

I've always included travel time when calculating my true hourly rate.

So if the London contract commute adds 4 hours to the day on average, calculate the hourly rate based on 11 or 12 hours, not 7 or 8 spent at your desk.

Commuting sucks. The Hooman Rights court should ban it as inhuman.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        So if MyCoLtd requires me to travel to and from a client's premises for the purpose of providing services, surely expenses incurred by such travel ought to be reimbursed, as that's working time? This could presumably have implications for little Georgy Osborne's ideas about travel expenses, if some lawyer gets their grubby mitts on it
        Its only to do with working hours.

If your ltd is making you work too many hours then sue them.

Regards
        HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Its only to do with working hours.

If your ltd is making you work too many hours then sue them.

Regards
          HMRC
          I'm sure a suitably skilled lawyer can twist things to fit

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I've always included travel time when calculating my true hourly rate.

So if the London contract commute adds 4 hours to the day on average, calculate the hourly rate based on 11 or 12 hours, not 7 or 8 spent at your desk.

Commuting sucks. The Hooman Rights court should ban it as inhuman.
            Hopefully this directive will keep foreigners out of London.

Damned Swindon immigrants coming here and taking our jobs.

LIP
            London Independence Party

Comment

I'm sure a suitably skilled lawyer can twist things to fit
              HMRC run the government and make laws to suit themselves. Like retrospective legislation.

I know you have been highly supportive - its not personal.

I hope you get your travel expenses so you don't have to downgrade to Aldi burgers...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I hope you get your travel expenses so you don't have to downgrade to Aldi burgers...
                I'll buy Aldi value mince, then I can squidge it into a lump and call it a handmade artisanal burger

Comment

Everything depends on billing...

Comment

Surely B2B relationships are free from these pesky rules about 'rights'?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X