• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook Down!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was it here, who posted about seemingly completely random people popping up in their 'People you might know' section - Pondy?

I assume it's that the random [CUK] person has been eyeballing your profile somehow.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

FB and Twitter are fundamentally different (despite attempts to copy bits of each other). Like sick and poo.

FB's been down a bit the last week or so. Big engineering changes or just regular cockup?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        FB and Twitter are fundamentally different (despite attempts to copy bits of each other). Like sick and poo.

FB's been down a bit the last week or so. Big engineering changes or just regular cockup?
        Zuck: "Move fast and break things!"
        FB Dev: "Or we could aim for quality engineering, the better to serve our users."
        Zuck: "…Huh?"

Although, to be fair, they have supposedly dropped the "MFABT" approach over the last year or so. Not dropped it from high enough, though, it seems

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Who was it here, who posted about seemingly completely random people popping up in their 'People you might know' section - Pondy?

I assume it's that the random [CUK] person has been eyeballing your profile somehow.
          Yup, there's at least three on the suggested friends list that I have no friends in common with. All are people I've worked with in the past (pre 2010) but not had any contact recently and not connected to on linked in either.

Weird!

Unless you are really a very tall nordic chap named Ekku and you're stalking me. Are you?

Comment

I just checked my suggestions. Got a fair number from people at ClientCo. I've been here a month and not posted anything about it online, not mentioned the client name, not added anyone, hardly even been on Facebook at all. The two possibilities I can think of are the fact that I've logged in once via the client network, so IP tracking, or that I've logged in on mobile so geo tracking. Bloody know alls.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Zuck: "Move fast and break things!"
              FB Dev: "Or we could aim for quality engineering, the better to serve our users."
              Zuck: "…Huh?"

Although, to be fair, they have supposedly dropped the "MFABT" approach over the last year or so. Not dropped it from high enough, though, it seems
              When I talked to some of their people a few years back, they were boasting about how the code you wrote this morning could be used by millions this afternoon. Rather than apologising for it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X