• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London - Bath Bike Ride

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh do be consistent. Newbury is in Berkshire, you've mentioned Wiltshire and Somerset so far. Maybe you had a quick jaunt into Devon, before zipping up to West Sussex.

Will someone not rid us of this troublesome sockie.
    Yes, Newbury is in Berkshire & after that you go over the Wiltshire Downs. Then you get to Bath which is in Somerset.

Are you really that clueless?

What a tosser....

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      Well, I did it but, flip me, it was tough.

The other two I went hadn't had 3 weeks off like me & I really struggled to keep up.

Started "bonking" around Newbury & the climb over the Wiltshire downs was deeply unpleasant.

Still managed an average speed of 15.6 mph though so not too bad.

Plenty of cals in the bank now so about to spend the afternoon in the pub
      What did I say about eating and drinking on the way?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        What did I say about eating and drinking on the way?
        I did. Tried to have a gulp every 10 minutes & had a couple of flapjacks & caffeine gels but I kind of got to the point of no return.

Comment

Working...
        X