• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 dead in Yet Another US Shooting....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 dead in Yet Another US Shooting....

Fooook me, stop them, their guns are effectively WOMDs...............

At least 10 killed in college shooting in Oregon - BBC News

Not read the article yet. Was the shooter on SSRIs by any chance? And did the college have armed security? Or did it invite nutters to shoot it up by declaring it a gun-free zone?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      Not read the article yet. Was the shooter on SSRIs by any chance? And did the college have armed security? Or did it invite nutters to shoot it up by declaring it a gun-free zone?
      You got it! Though I don't know yet obviously.....

I've been on SSRI's and never shot anyone......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Fooook me, stop them, their guns are effectively WOMDs...............

At least 10 killed in college shooting in Oregon - BBC News
        A hand grenade is a WMD according to the US. The (surviving) Boston bomber was charging with using WMDs which tragically killed three.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon....28civilian.29

Yet virtually all guns are quite capable of killing many more - but the US does not classify them as WMDs

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          A hand grenade is a WMD according to the US. The (surviving) Boston bomber was charging with using WMDs which tragically killed three.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon....28civilian.29

Yet virtually all guns are quite capable of killing many more - but the US does not classify them as WMDs
          Says it all.....

Comment

Pastor on telly suggesting that the students should have been armed.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              They said on the telly this morning the gunman was asking "are you a Christian?". And if they replied yes they got shot in the head. If they said no they got shot in the legs.

That's what listening to pastors gets you.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                When I read that the school (actually seems to be a college of adult education) had one unarmed security guard, I was expecting this kind of response from the gun nuts.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  When I read that the school (actually seems to be a college of adult education) had one unarmed security guard, I was expecting this kind of response from the gun nuts.
                  Does that mean that we shouldn't have armed security at airports?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    Does that mean that we shouldn't have armed security at airports?
                    Areas of transit are a magnet for nutters as they will be killing/maiming complete strangers.

However in a school or college you expect your mentally ill fellow student not to do so as they either know you or know of you, plus in theory there are counseling services for them to use.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X