• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The man who would be Kirk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man who would be Kirk

Alex Salmond barred from BA flight after booking as Star Trek captain | Politics | The Guardian

Alex Salmond found himself in a bizarre situation with airline staff after booking on to a flight under the name James Kirk – the captain of Star Trek’s USS Enterprise.

The former Scottish first minister caused confusion when British Airways initially refused to let him board a flight at Heathrow under the sci-fi alias.

The Mail on Sunday reported that it took a series of telephone calls for the senior politician to persuade the airline that he should be allowed on board.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Alex Salmond is a fantasist nutter?

Well I'm shocked.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I feel violated

Comment

Why did he need to book a flight? He could have just asked Scottie to beam him over there.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Should have done us all a favour and throw the fat turd out at 30,000 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Should have done us all a favour and throw the fat turd out at 30,000 feet.
            Too true.

The odd thing to me is I thought you had to provide valid ID to board an internal flight here, typically a passport. How can he have been travelling under an alias legally?
            For that matter passenger names aren't published so who's the pillock think he's hiding from to start off with? Rabid checkin clerks, baggage handlers with a grudge?
            Not that the Scottish arse gentleman isn't reasonably easy to recognise in the first place.

Comment

Top marks for your thread title!

Comment

Gives me and excuse to post this! Again!

Comment

And this. Zeity's on this one.....

Last edited by stek; 6 October 2015, 18:11.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Alex Salmond is a fantasist nutter?

Comment

Working...
                    X