• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT industry words or phrases that make your heart sink....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You've made that one up. I mean, if someone said that to me I'd just look at them as if they were a total moron
    We actually know it as a whiteboard but.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      We actually know it as a whiteboard but.....
      I must admit that if someone in any seriousness called a whiteboard an "Information Radiator" I would be obliged to kill them and any descendants they have with extreme prejudice.
      There's noxious jargon, even buzzwords, but that's an unforgivable offence.

Comment

Centre of Excellence

Always populated with a bunch of feckwit muppets that will proselytise on the correct font and formatting of a document but haven't got a clue when it comes to actually doing anything meaningful or useful.

Did I say they're a bunch of feckwit muppets?

Comment

"Lets discuss that offline"

Its a team meeting not a cyber chat room ffs :'(

Comment

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post

We have that one quite often but only during conference calls and in particular when the Americans are on as they tend to waffle on and on and on and on with stuff we don't want to hear so its taken offline between the relevant parties.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
              Centre of Excellence

Always populated with a bunch of feckwit muppets that will proselytise on the correct font and formatting of a document but haven't got a clue when it comes to actually doing anything meaningful or useful.

Did I say they're a bunch of feckwit muppets?
              And reviewers of said CofE.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post

Brilliant. I hear that every day in one of the stand ups I attend. I will question it now and suggest that the person is an idiot.

Comment

"What does the SME think about this?"

Comment

"Add shareholder value...."

WTF? WGAF.....
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
                      "Planning Poker" brilliant! Never heared it before, but certainly going to use it from now on.
                      It's an agile thing... (smiley aimed at agile not you!)

Set of cards numbered 1 to 10, everyone has a set, there is a brief (and I do mean brief) overview of each task, then everyone gets to guesstimate via their cards as to how long they think the task will take...

Ridiculous. Many times I refused to vote since there wasn't enough detail in the overview.

First time I saw this I nearly fell off my chair laughing.. Software engineering goes to kindergarten.
                      Last edited by Dark Black; 12 October 2015, 17:28.
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X