• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dental Implants - what prices to expect and pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    ^This, or any East European country, google Dental tourism, if you want it cheap. Not worth the hassle over small things but for implants and surgery is well worth it.
    Implants £3-500 in Romania, and much higher standards than third world Britain...

Also a very good place for a holiday, ski if you go in winter, Black Sea coast in summer

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
      I have lost 1 molars on the left & 1 molars on the right years ago.

I have just had a crack in another molar on the right and dentist says loosing that molar could result eventually in more tooth loss/fracture at the bottom right and suggested I have 2 implants on that side.......

So 2 implants to replace lost tooth.
      Are those the back teeth? Whats the point no one can see them. I just got braces put it for top teeth, should take 6 months cost 3k. Feels like someone has wired lego to my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Are those the back teeth? Whats the point no one can see them. I just got braces put it for top teeth, should take 6 months cost 3k. Feels like someone has wired lego to my mouth.
        If you replace the back teeth you prevent extra pressure on the remaining, real, teeth.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

My dentist (north yorks) was talking about 1.5K for a molar

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
            Hi people,

I am thinking of having implants and wondering the experiences of those that have had them done.

My surgery is charging about £2k per implant. At those prices, I am certainly in the wrong job!
            If you fancy digging around people's mouths, perhaps.

Comment

I'd rather French kiss my mother-in-law than have someone screw lumps of metal into my jaw. I looked into it once and when "pain management team" was mentioned, I went no further.
              Had a bridge a few months ago to fill a gap at the front. Glued on and it's great and only cost a ton.

Comment

Reviving this thread 'cos I've realised I only need to lose either pre-molar (which are both root filled) and I've got a nasty gap.

Looking at getting 3 done but will need sinus lift for each one so looking at a total of £10.5 k if I go with my dentist's recommendation

At the other end of the extreme I can get it done for £200 per implant in Mumbai.

There must be a sensible middle path.....

Comment

I'm just going through this now - first session in about an hour. 7.5k for 2 implants (all 4 front teeth). Takes up to 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                    I'm just going through this now - first session in about an hour. 7.5k for 2 implants (all 4 front teeth). Takes up to 6 months.
                    You getting the bone work / sinus lift?

Good luck btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                      Reviving this thread 'cos I've realised I only need to lose either pre-molar (which are both root filled) and I've got a nasty gap.

Looking at getting 3 done but will need sinus lift for each one so looking at a total of £10.5 k if I go with my dentist's recommendation

At the other end of the extreme I can get it done for £200 per implant in Mumbai.

There must be a sensible middle path.....
                      Just like the IT offshoring the middle path is:

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      any East European country, google Dental tourism, if you want it cheap. Not worth the hassle over small things but for implants and surgery is well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X