• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dental Implants - what prices to expect and pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had some teeth where it was difficult to get traditional flossing wire between. My dentist put me onto TePe interdental brushes that come in a set of various sizes so no need to force them into the gaps.

Only thing they mentioned for the implants was to be careful of using metal stalk based brushes as they can damage the crowns when the bristles wear down, so there are plastic based ones that are more suitable.

I saw the dental hygienist a few months after the implants had settled and she used some sonic brush thing as part of a scale and polish to remove tartar below the gumline. That thing was more painful and uncomfortable than any of the implant procedure. Not going back for that again, so determined to keep on top of the tartar build up best I can. Though I expect over-cleaning is as bad for the gums as not enough.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I use those brushes. The gaps in my teeth are the wrong size for floss to work effectively.

I also use an electric toothbrush the majority of the time.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        I've always had some teeth where it was difficult to get traditional flossing wire between. My dentist put me onto TePe interdental brushes that come in a set of various sizes so no need to force them into the gaps.

Only thing they mentioned for the implants was to be careful of using metal stalk based brushes as they can damage the crowns when the bristles wear down, so there are plastic based ones that are more suitable.

I saw the dental hygienist a few months after the implants had settled and she used some sonic brush thing as part of a scale and polish to remove tartar below the gumline. That thing was more painful and uncomfortable than any of the implant procedure. Not going back for that again, so determined to keep on top of the tartar build up best I can. Though I expect over-cleaning is as bad for the gums as not enough.
        Yeah, I have to use the red & yellow brushes. Never organised enough to have a constant supply though. And they bend really easily. Once bent they're useless

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Speaking from experience?

I guess the main issue is the loss of billable time with, presumably, multiple visits to Budapest, or wherever.
          Yes, you can do it during the weekends and combine it with other touristy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            Yeah, I have to use the red & yellow brushes. Never organised enough to have a constant supply though. And they bend really easily. Once bent they're useless
            They sell a different make in Wilkinsons but they still work.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X