• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dental Implants - what prices to expect and pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental Implants - what prices to expect and pay?

Hi people,

I am thinking of having implants and wondering the experiences of those that have had them done.

My surgery is charging about £2k per implant. At those prices, I am certainly in the wrong job!

So other question is what are average prices you have paid recently

cheers

What specifically is it you want to get done and why (cosmetic or what)?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
      Hi people,

I am thinking of having implants and wondering the experiences of those that have had them done.

My surgery is charging about £2k per implant. At those prices, I am certainly in the wrong job!

So other question is what are average prices you have paid recently

cheers
      That's the going rate as far as I know. A mate had 3 put in last year and it cost him £6k.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        What specifically is it you want to get done and why (cosmetic or what)?
        I have lost 1 molars on the left & 1 molars on the right years ago.

I have just had a crack in another molar on the right and dentist says loosing that molar could result eventually in more tooth loss/fracture at the bottom right and suggested I have 2 implants on that side.......

So 2 implants to replace lost tooth.

Comment

India.

Providing you can find someone recommended.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
            I have lost 1 molars on the left & 1 molars on the right years ago.

I have just had a crack in another molar on the right and dentist says loosing that molar could result eventually in more tooth loss/fracture at the bottom right and suggested I have 2 implants on that side.......

So 2 implants to replace lost tooth.
            If you have problems with your bones and/or oral hygiene for whatever reason all that will happen is you will have the implants put in, at some point they will fail and have to be removed.

So you need to know why you keep losing teeth and if it's preventable.

Other than that it's a body part so you want the most competent person doing it, which may not be your current dentist. So worry more about the skill of the person than the price. Try and find someone who trains others in a Dental Hospital.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              If you have problems with your bones and/or oral hygiene for whatever reason all that will happen is you will have the implants put in, at some point they will fail and have to be removed.

So you need to know why you keep losing teeth and if it's preventable.

Other than that it's a body part so you want the most competent person doing it, which may not be your current dentist. So worry more about the skill of the person than the price. Try and find someone who trains others in a Dental Hospital.
              Well dental hygiene hope fully been good .... just a rooted fear or dentists from an early age. My current dentists have been good though pricey in general

The initial tooth loss was caused by horizontal wisdom tooth on both sides. That resulted in me in me having to have root canal on one of the impacted ones and then I managed to crack it before getting a crown on it while eating my daughter's Haribo sweets!

The crack new crack has been because the last molars in not directly under the upper tooth when chewing which has caused the crack so best thing to do is to have 2 implants at the bottom stop the issue happening again ...

Now that I know that I should be expecting £2k per implant, I guess the question is people's experience of implants

Comment

I was chatting to a workie we had in, he went to turkey for his, got a holiday for him and his family and all the work done for less than it would have cost in the UK. He was very happy with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
                  I was chatting to a workie we had in, he went to turkey for his, got a holiday for him and his family and all the work done for less than it would have cost in the UK. He was very happy with the results.
                  ^This, or any East European country, google Dental tourism, if you want it cheap. Not worth the hassle over small things but for implants and surgery is well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
                    I knew a chap who had that done. Dead two weeks later.

Bus hit him.

Comment

Working...
                    X