• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't want to marry but have kid on the way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you had that bookmarked?
    Bench period lad ! Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Bench period lad ! Desperate situations call for desperate measures.
      When you on?
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        When you on?
        Did MFs wife few months ago. Takes 9 months for the fight to start. Have patience Mark

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Did MFs wife few months ago. Takes 9 months for the fight to start. Have patience Mark
          Ah, I see you are waiting for the money shot, I mean the nipper .
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

ok - personal experience. Hadn't been with the mum long, it was never going to work. Fair chance she wasn't distraught when it happened.
            Lasted 18 months into young'uns life before we split properly but it was very tough most of that time.
            Fair play to her, never stopped me seeing him (although threatened it many times) I had him every weekend for many years and things did settle down after a LONG time. Having said that it can still go 0-ballistic in 3 seconds and is always waiting there (not from me, as with most blokes just looking for life without constant stress).
            Very hard at times, new relationships dificult too, missed a lot of stuff going on as had my son so they weren't important.
            Got a new family now but always made it clear he was integral to that and now he is older and got much more going on he still comes to stay but not every week.
            Can totally understand how some blokes lose touch, they can make it almost unbearable if you can't dig in and just take it.
            For me it was totally worth it, I wouldn't ever bring a child into that situation but have dealt with it as best I can and the joy of having my son and spending time with him has eclipsed any of the grief and huge costs involved.
            You will be coughing up for the kid (avoid CSA if poss)but forget handing half the house over, that ain't happening unless you are hitched.
            It's going to be a mindf**k for years, you will find out a lot about yourself but if you focus solely on 'I want to see the kid, everything else is details' then you have half a chance....

Comment

Poor kid.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

So you don't want to marry her but you do want rights to the kid? Or you want to be able to walk away entirely?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Personally I was lucky and married then planned kids, though the third one's fascination with sleds & Triple Iron mans is a little worrying.

As soon as kids come along you are screwed financially if you want to leave unless very rich. This is as it should be but you need to realise it.

Anyway if you decide not to you will be in the majority. I do find however the unmarried single mothers tend to outnumber the divorced ones.

Under half of white British new mothers are married and 'cohabiting' | Daily Mail Online
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                    I have distinct feeling though if it wasn't for the kid on the way we would of split and to be honest I think its more a mater of time rather than if it happens. The marriage thing is coming from her and her family as there are religious.
                    ^ In your own nutshell, this is why you should not get married.

Are you sure that she she didn't accidentally on-purpose get preggers to avoid the inevitable split (i.e. to trap you)?

Comment

Working...
                    X