• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Leeds hookers are cheaper than that, if you are talking hourly rate.

Would your average linux man give more pleasure?
    Of course, I'd fork that.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Would your average linux man give more pleasure?
      That would depend on the quality of the service administered by your Windows Admin .
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Prob £900 or so for 12 hr night shift minimum I reckon.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
          I was once sent a dev role where they were offering £80/day, I respectfully replied to the agent that I could probably earn more stacking shelves at B&Q. He seemed to sympathise with this but said his hands were tied as it was the ClientCo that were offering such a pittance.
          I wonder if these ClientCo(s) realise that once the IR35 shakeup in 2017 happens, they can't do all these rubbish contracts, and expect contractors to pick up roles as they engineer it on-demand
          They will only be left with permies to do these sh*t work/rates, or offer it to Big Consultancies (but that will come with its own costs)

Seriously, I was expecting the the ClientCos will be worried about the IR35 changes more than the contractors themselves, since it will kill the flexible workforce that they enjoy now (especially at these throw away rates that they expect work to be done!).. but they seem to be in void about all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
            I wonder if these ClientCo(s) realise that once the IR35 shakeup in 2017 happens, they can't do all these rubbish contracts, and expect contractors to pick up roles as they engineer it on-demand
            They will only be left with permies to do these sh*t work/rates, or offer it to Big Consultancies (but that will come with its own costs)

Seriously, I was expecting the the ClientCos will be worried about the IR35 changes more than the contractors themselves, since it will kill the flexible workforce that they enjoy now (especially at these throw away rates that they expect work to be done!).. but they seem to be in void about all this.
            Simple answer is to keep contracting and enjoy the skills shortage with higher rates for a couple of years until huge clientcos lobby gov to rethink the policy.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Of course, I'd fork that.
              Careful!
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                was thinking of that as I typed. However I'm not in my official capacity as Director of HMRC so there shouldn't be any consequences.

Love Jim
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X