• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Watch the rugby
    May the best southern hemisphere team win

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      May the best southern hemisphere team win
      To be fair. Of all the southern hemisphere teams playing against Wales tomorrow, yours has the best chance.

Comment

I might bottle my second batch of home-brew. Need to empty a few bottles first...

Band practice tonight and playing Sunday morning (twice!)

Definitely watching the Scotland game, ideally most of the rest too.

And a mate is watching some crazy redbull extreme bike thing where they basically just cycle off a cliff, so I might do that too.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
          Sat - lowering a side garden wall with a sledge hammer (I predict it will be a nightmare of a job as the bricks just crumble and the mortar is like granite)
          Get yourself an angle grinder with Diamond blade (£20 -> £60), cut through the mortar, job done. If you do it with a sledge hammer one part will just crumble & the whole wall will fall apart.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Get yourself an angle grinder with Diamond blade (£20 -> £60), cut through the mortar, job done. If you do it with a sledge hammer one part will just crumble & the whole wall will fall apart.
            I have actually got a 2kW DeWalt with 9" diamond blade (these blades are amazing - I've had one on for a while now and used it last w/e to cut some 900mm indian stone, knife through butter - then tried to drill some holes in said indian stone with Bosch bits and managed to melt them both ) but that said I'm a bit wary that cutting into mortar at a depth of ~4", if it decides to 'bite' the outcome could be quite messy. Might try it with a stone grinding disc then you've got more lateral play.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Friday - hotel in Gatwick
              Saturday - Fly to Sharm for two weeks
              Sunday - relax by pool in Sharm (one eye open for terrorists)

Comment

Thanks for asking.

Friday: Out for Thai meal with the love goddess who inexplicably shares my life.

Saturday: I haven't tied her up in a while. Nap in afternoon. Rugby in the evening followed in all probability by kicking the neighbour's cat.

Sunday: 30 mile bike ride. It's a hilly one this weekend, so I hope my knees can stand it. They couldn't last time out

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  I have actually got a 2kW DeWalt with 9" diamond blade (these blades are amazing - I've had one on for a while now and used it last w/e to cut some 900mm indian stone, knife through butter - then tried to drill some holes in said indian stone with Bosch bits and managed to melt them both ) but that said I'm a bit wary that cutting into mortar at a depth of ~4", if it decides to 'bite' the outcome could be quite messy. Might try it with a stone grinding disc then you've got more lateral play.
                  Now I have tool envy (No not like that), my little 900w Bosch isn't worthy.

At the very least I would score the Mortar an inch or so to make sure its the weakest point when you hit it.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                    Friday - sex
                    Saturday - drugs
                    Sunday - sausage rolls
                    FTFY
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

TFA (And thanks for reminding me its the weekend #BenchLife)

Was out of a meal last night with the Mrs, today will be spent batch cooking for the freezer, tomorrow going to the apprentices from ExClientCo graduation, Sunday lazy day with 4 of the 5 kids as MissMac is poorly so will be staying with her mum this weekend
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X