A Bigger Boom A Bigger Boom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: A Bigger Boom

Banned

Gumbo Robot has more data than eek

Default A Bigger Boom

Contract failed QDOS review for this gig and the agent isn't going to budge.

In the meantime I got another offer for £25 pd extra plus it's right in the centre of Bristol.

I did make it clear to the first agent that my accepting the offer was dependent on a successful review so looks like I have my get out clause

Happy days .

Super poster

SlipTheJab is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo Robot View Post

In the meantime I got another offer for £25 pd extra plus it's right in the centre of Bristol.

I did make it clear to the first agent that my accepting the offer was dependent on a successful review so looks like I have my get out clause

Happy days .

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

I hope you have the client details to drop them a polite email to tell them why you unfortunately can't work for them. Dropping in a few names of better agencies...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Banned

This'll be the first gig I've ever had where I'm required to wear a suit.

I quite like that in a way. This isn't going to be a place with Google style chillout zones & God forbid I have to do any pair programming at least I'll be bunking up with somebody who is well groomed.

Though, I guess wearing a suit is no guarantee that the owner is wearing clean cacks though

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Super poster

Happy days .
    Out of interest what did the contract fail on and why is the agent being so stubborn?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Out of interest what did the contract fail on and why is the agent being so stubborn?
    1) If any of the Authorised Personnel are unable for any unforeseen reason to work on the Service the Contractor should inform the Client or the Company by no later than 10.00 a.m. on the first day of absence"

2) "The Contractor warrants that the Authorised Personnel is a Director and Shareholder of the Contractor company"

These cast in stone at the insistence of the client's HR department, apparently.

Super poster

1) If any of the Authorised Personnel are unable for any unforeseen reason to work on the Service the Contractor should inform the Client or the Company by no later than 10.00 a.m. on the first day of absence"

2) "The Contractor warrants that the Authorised Personnel is a Director and Shareholder of the Contractor company"

These cast in stone at the insistence of the client's HR department, apparently.
    Jeez some clients really don't get it do they, still looks like you ended up with a better offer from the other place so happy days! I'm sure the original client will get a body in who is a disguised permie and won't even bother with a review

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Jeez some clients really don't get it do they, still looks like you ended up with a better offer from the other place so happy days! I'm sure the original client will get a body in who is a disguised permie and won't even bother with a review
    Yeah right the client demanded it...

I've been told to allow silly clauses like the first one in as long as unenforceable clauses like the second are removed.

I've then recorded the agent stating "I don't care' when following a silly clause like the first one.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Banned

FatLazyContractor is NOT a disguised employee