• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV question for rolling contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV question for rolling contract

Hi, I'm updating my CV. Been with same client for 15 months on two 6 month and one three month 'rolling contracts'. Would you put this as one continuous assignment or split for each contract on a CV. Thanks

Was it the same role? Or were they totally unrelated, ClientCo aside?
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Assuming it's all been the same underlying role, I'd put it as one, with some brief waffle about having been extended.

Unless, of course, the extensions were due to you personally causing massive time and cost overruns, in which case pretend it was supposed to be like that from the start

Comment

I usually list number of extensions, so 18 months (2 extensions)
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

If you've been anywhere for 2 years it's totally irrelevant as to whether you have had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 extensions.

Just put Client 2013-2015.

If you separate them the agent or client will mentally just piece them back together again. No-one really cares if the client has a policy of giving 3, 6 or 12 month contracts.

One could argue a low number of extensions is really good because the client is prepared tie you in for a long contract. Alternatively you can argue that a high number of extensions is good because the client wants to keep extending your contract. In the end it's irrelevant.

Sometimes if you have a whole load of 3 month contracts at different clients PM's might wonder whether you were someone who clients didn't really want to work with, i.e. requires a bit of justification depending on the type of work you do.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Actually agree with BlasterBates - the agent doesn't care and neither do most clients'.

I don't bother putting the number of renewals on my CV due to the randomness of how different clients do their renewals. Some do it in budget e.g. the project gets extended if they can argue the budget for the next deliverables, while others do it on a standard cycle.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

+1 to what Blaster said
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X