• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    These are totally different types of watches, the colour should not be that important. How about reading up on the technical construction of each watch.
    The Omega uses the Calibre 8806 movement which is slight variation of the 8800 (no date), the Breitling B01 is their first in house movement but both are COSC certified, I've done reading which is what has made me narrow down the choice to these two. Like it or lump it but these are statement watches, and how others perceive them will be a factor whether it's high on your own list or not.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Not into posh watches. Having a watch worth more than many people's cars seems a bit like bragging.
    What's wrong with a little bragging?

Also I have two son's, my youngest is named after my grandad so he will get his watch, having another that I can hand down to the eldest.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Personally my daily beater is a Steinhart Ocean One Black. It is slightly larger than a Submariner, and doesn't have a cyclops.
      I'm sure you know this but you can get a Submariner no date that doesn't have the cyclops... I'd opt for no cyclops if I had a choice.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Not into posh watches. Having a watch worth more than many people's cars seems a bit like bragging.
        It's only bragging if you brag about it. If you just wear and enjoy it on your wrist without telling everyone then you aren't bragging. If you start looking in to quality watches the prices quoted don't start to sound as bad as they first seem. The craftmanship and quality that goes in to these watches is second to none and they are engineering masterpieces/works of art. Much of it is internal but that makes watch types happy. Don't mix these people up with silly twats that buy a rolex because it's a rolex and looks good on his wrist with a massive gold chain and his lambo in the background.

Everyone has some kind of vice that they understand and others don't. It could be a massivly expensive laptop or home PC set up, car watch, golf kit etc. If you shout about them all the time then you're an idiot and will take flak. If you don't and you just enjoy them personally then you should be left to do so, not called out for it. You know why your £1000 golf kit is worth it to you and why someone else might think their 8k watch is worth it to them.

Also I have two son's, my youngest is named after my grandad so he will get his watch, having another that I can hand down to the eldest.
        That alone makes these worth buying. It's going to be enjoyed and also passed down, possibly for generations. Nothing is too expensive for that IMO.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 27 August 2020, 10:49.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'm sure you know this but you can get a Submariner no date that doesn't have the cyclops... I'd opt for no cyclops if I had a choice.
          I quite like the glass bump; it's kind of synonymous with the Submariner in my mind. I bet that it gets scratched to buggery though.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

You old fuddy-duddies still on about your watches? How quaint. When you're stuck at home who even cares what time it is!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              My Breitling is a hand-me-down. It was my Grandfather's and always sat on the mantelpiece when I was a kid.
              Last edited by wattaj; 27 August 2020, 10:51. Reason: Speilling.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                My Breitling is a hand-me-down. It was my Grandfather's and always sat on the mantelpiece when I was a kind.
                Was kind? So now you are not you are gonna sell it and spunk the money up against the wall rather than pass it down??

Comment

Fitbit at the moment.

Got a couple of nicer watches but not silly expensive. Swap between brown leather or silver strap depending on what colour shoes and belt I'm wearing.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Think if I wore a Fitbit they might contact me to check it was functioning properly when I did 56 steps a week.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Fitbit at the moment.

Got a couple of nicer watches but not silly expensive. Swap between brown leather or silver strap depending on what colour shoes and belt I'm wearing.

Comment

Working...
                      X