• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police to be granted powers to view your internet browsing history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I have a foreign SIM card that has no tie to my name or address and I can top up with cash.
    Yes, very good. It's the people like you attract most attention, please continue...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Yes, very good. It's the people like you attract most attention, please continue...
      My calls to the local taxi and pizza companies will divert a huge amount of scrutiny.

Comment

My calls to the local taxi and pizza companies will divert a huge amount of scrutiny.

Comment

I have a foreign SIM card that has no tie to my name or address and I can top up with cash.
          You clearly haven't been topping it up ONLY with cash.

Anyway they will just use CCTV footage which loads of shops have as well as banks and random streets. They are only interested in CCTV footage if it's a "terrorist" or crime against the person.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I come here almost everyday...will the police than think this is a terrorist chat room?
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              I come here almost everyday...will the police than think this is a terrorist chat room?
              Nope, the most they can get you on for coming here, is being a pdf file
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Nope - people on here got big mouth to talk the talk but never walk the walk...

It's safer for the society to keep you lot on here though, I am sure admin is getting some tax kickback for keeping you all in one place - it's the only reason most people in General don't get banned

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  Or gay men anally fisting their husbands, women who ejaculate, or people who like to pee on one another.

Security is one thing (and I still don't think it can be morally justified) but when they've already proven that they can't be trusted to have access to our data without discriminating against certain demographics (e.g. the previously mentioned gays who are overrepresented), then this sounds absurd.
                  So glad in the 50 Shades film they ruled it out...
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can't believe people got excited when I googled about helping my uncle jack off a horse. By the time I'd been released, dear old Uncle Jack had fell off and broke his hip.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Does it matter that this was a made up scare story and that they have said they will NOT be looking at browser history?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X