• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've been to me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to me

just listening to this song, Ive been to paradise but Ive never been to me

well, I've been to me , but Ive never been to paradise

are there any musicians or songwriters out there who can make that rhyme?
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Hi EO, How are you doing?

I totally get this song. It is about a young woman who made bad choices and kind of sold herself for the attention of the wealthy, and regrets not having a more fulfilled life. Sure, she has been out and about and seen places, but this is kind of before the cheap flight revolution when travel was seen as a very sought after experience. Note the line about subtle whoring - whether she was taken advantage of, or went into things willingly is a court case in the making.

A very sad song - they don't make them like that any more.

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands today - the people I have travelled to work with are poorly, so entertaining myself to keep busy

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

I totally get this song. It is about a young woman who made bad choices and kind of sold herself for the attention of the wealthy, and regrets not having a more fulfilled life. Sure, she has been out and about and seen places, but this is kind of before the cheap flight revolution when travel was seen as a very sought after experience. Note the line about subtle whoring - whether she was taken advantage of, or went into things willingly is a court case in the making.

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands today - the people I have travelled to work with are poorly, so entertaining myself to keep busy
      Hi Wilmslow

Are you contract or permanent now? What car are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Hi Wilmslow

Are you contract or permanent now? What car are you driving?
        Driving a Fiesta Diesel Titanium, so has cruise, DAB, aircon etc - very happy with that for just me

Yep, bona-fide contractor with ltd company. No money worries, good war-chest, so very happy with the direction I am in just now.

Hows you - have you reached the aspirational heights of the Aygo?

Comment

Driving a Fiesta Diesel Titanium, so has cruise, DAB, aircon etc - very happy with that for just me

Yep, bona-fide contractor with ltd company. No money worries, good war-chest, so very happy with the direction I am in just now.

Hows you - have you reached the aspirational heights of the Aygo?
          I think you are confusing me with sas!

I am getting divorced. Which is par for the course with me. Got made redundant and got a big payout - then walked straight into a contract. Should be enough to pay the lawyers!

Spend last week in Dubai with the kids - very very nice.

I am not sure I like everything going well for you! Can't you get married? I hate to see a man happy when he could be miserable...

Comment

Hi Wilmslow, good to hear from you.

I have been going through my old sounds because I want to make a new playlist.
            Ditching some stuff and adding other stuff. Im very old fashioned, I still use an ipod
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I think you are confusing me with sas!

I am getting divorced. Which is par for the course with me. Got made redundant and got a big payout - then walked straight into a contract. Should be enough to pay the lawyers!

Spend last week in Dubai with the kids - very very nice.

I am not sure I like everything going well for you! Can't you get married? I hate to see a man happy when he could be miserable...
              Need to find the right woman to marry first! There is a really good looking lady hot as heck for me, but sadly the feeling is not reciprocated. Marriage is defo not something to make me happy from what I have seen!!

Good one about the payout then contract - exactly what happened with me.

Good luck with the lawyers - hope things go as smoothly as it can!

Comment

. It is about a young woman who made bad choices and kind of sold herself for the attention of the wealthy, and regrets not having a more fulfilled life. Sure, she has been out and about and seen places, but this is kind of before the cheap flight revolution when travel was seen as a very sought after experience. Note the line about subtle whoring - whether she was taken advantage of, or went into things willingly is a court case in the making....
                Sounds like she was a contractor with a bad agent.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I recall Tony Blackburn playing this on the radio the day he discovered his wife was bonking Richard O’Sullivan
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                  X