• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Designs: House of the year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    If you loved it so much then surely you'd know...

Just saying, like...
    Haha, I have to confess I'm with D00hg. Used to watch it loads, but don't really watch normal TV now and can't remember the last time I saw it pop up

Comment

I might watch the one about the house built on the edge (yes, right on the edge) of a cliff that's cost £5M and looks unlikely to get finished coz the chap building it has run out of money.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/...thouse-3420993
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 October 2019, 12:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I might watch the one about the house built on the edge (yes, right on the edge) of a cliff that's cost £5M and looks unlikely to get finished coz the chap building it has run out of money.

Pictures show 'ugly eyesore' lighthouse project which cost man his marriage - Somerset Live
        I thought you were a fan of Sarah's Beanies...
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If you loved it so much then surely you'd know...

Just saying, like...
          Are you familiar with the past tense, I used it in my post...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Are you familiar with the past tense, I used it in my post...
            Of course I'm familiar with it. For example - You used to be amusing. <-- See?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Pictures show 'ugly eyesore' lighthouse project which cost man his marriage - Somerset Live
              that was a brutal episode, bloke ploughed millions into it, but only had a shell after 7 years, missus left him in the process looked a broken man at the end

the episode as few weeks ago was quite amusing too.

Fella in a wheel chair building a house to suit his disability, his missus (who was clearly out of his league) was managing the build for him, they split up halfway through (think she took a liking the builder)

i still love this programme

Comment

I thought you were a fan of Sarah's Beanies...
                Haven't watched any of the three for yonks, Ms Beanie or our Kev.

Used to watch Dick Strawbridge & his rather odd Mrs for a while but got fed up with that too.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Last series was too green for me. Have seen reruns of the earlier series on More 4 where Kev still has hair. Much more interesting.

Good to see his co did their sums and will definitely be on budget and be in by xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    And then if they're proper minimalists they can't even have curtains/blinds because that would "spoil the lines" so everything you do is on display. I agree, not my style at all.
                    You wouldn't really have to worry ......
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X