• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving into Rented Accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell. Worry about the consequences later.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I am completing on my sale tomorrow, finally; and am living with family whilst waiting for my purchase to go through. Only, I've now pulled out of the purchase and thus have stalled my mortgage application.
      What's mortgage application???

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Agreed.

If you are in place where buyers are few and far between then sell up.

You have 5 months in which to find and do a role anywhere in the country to get your mortgage application through then you can dump the role.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are you selling your house to AtW ?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            What's mortgage???
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I've put so much work into this place over the years, especially in the garden and I've become somewhat attached to the place.
              It's also in a very quiet secluded spot & most of the properties I've been looking at haven't got that level of privacy, or are on a busy road etc. Problem is, I need more space hence the need for a move but I worry that I won't find anything that ticks all the boxes & once I've sold up there's no turning back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                I've put so much work into this place over the years, especially in the garden and I've become somewhat attached to the place.
                It's also in a very quiet secluded spot & most of the properties I've been looking at haven't got that level of privacy, or are on a busy road etc. Problem is, I need more space hence the need for a move but I worry that I won't find anything that ticks all the boxes & once I've sold up there's no turning back.
                I'm guessing you live up North but even there house sale activity is beginning to pick up quite quickly now in most areas. Apparently Stoke is the new hot-spot .

Years ago, around 2009 in fact, my cousin and her husband sold their place but hadn't found a house to buy. It took them a while to sell because the housing market had slowed drastically around that time, so they were happy to sell and - I believe - they thought prices would come down and they would buy their next house cheaper.

They have been renting ever since. That's right, 6 years of money thrown into the rent bin - and only now have found a place to buy. Their old place has doubled in value (East London somewhere) and the place they're buying is around 50% more expensive than it would have been in 2009. So they've lost all the way.

For now, house prices are likely to keep rising, especially out of London, so don't procrastinate too long ... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  What's mortgage application???
                  Its like a Credit application for a sofa but for a lot more money.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                    If you love the place and it's more than just an asset to you, why not consider extending? If you're in the sticks it sounds like there would be space and not too many planning issues?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      If you love the place and it's more than just an asset to you, why not consider extending? If you're in the sticks it sounds like there would be space and not too many planning issues?
                      Got planning permission & plans drawn up but the quotes I got were eye watering. That's before adding 20% VAT.

Comment

Working...
                      X