• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension – very long term!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension – very long term!

It is rather crazy. Due to finish 15th Dec, so literally yesterday booked much needed time in the French apartment from 16th Dec coming back on the weekend.

Just had a call today – I am now offered to Dec 23rd.

I really need a break as likely to continue to maybe Easter time, so still going to have my break and come back for the three pesky days before the Christmas break. I looked at pushing my flight back a day or two, with the cost of the flights in the new dates it is hardly worth it.

You could not make up the lack of planning and communications around contract dates in this game.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    It is rather crazy. Due to finish 15th Dec, so literally yesterday booked much needed time in the French apartment from 16th Dec coming back on the weekend.

I really need a break as likely to continue to maybe Easter time, so still going to have my break and come back for the three pesky days before the Christmas break. I looked at pushing my flight back a day or two, with the cost of the flights in the new dates it is hardly worth it.

You could not make up the lack of planning and communications around contract dates in this game.
    Mad.
    How the high flyers live, eh?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Congratulations?

Have you told them what you have booked? What was their response? I bet to get you to carry on they can work with a few days of you away?

Comment

Just say no thanks I'll stick with the 15th - I've got plans....

Or is that too obvious?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

WFH an option?

Comment

FTFY

Having the PC switched on at home, with mouse twitching software enabled, an option?
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just say "sorry I've made Christmas plans around finishing that day". For the sake of a week, WGAS? Offer to do it in January.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X