• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smeg or Bosch dishwasher ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Doesn't really matter what kind we have, the wife still fails to grasp you have to leave a gap between the plates so they can be washed and that sticking wooden spoons upright stops the rotors spinning.

It's a shame domestic violence is frowned upon these days.
    I thought it was only mine that did that!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

We have plate sized pasta bowls and normal plates, as the bowls tend to lean forward I put all the bowls at the front and the plates behind, nice uniform gaps, perfect cleaning.

Despite 6 years with the bowls, plates, dishwasher with me constantly telling her what to do she still intersperses them and complains when the come out dirty.

People that thick should not be allowed to leave school.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        A real contractor uses paper plates, plastic beakers and disposable cutlery.
        FTFY
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Doesn't really matter what kind we have, the wife still fails to grasp you have to leave a gap between the plates so they can be washed and that sticking wooden spoons upright stops the rotors spinning.

It's a shame domestic violence is frowned upon these days.
          What are you doing in the kitchen?

You are lucky domestic violence is frowned upon or it would be the rolling pin for you?

Comment

Have everything Bosch in the kitchen, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, hub, extraction fan as it came with the house, when it was newly built 5 years ago. Nothing but problems. Had to order a new washing machine yesterday after only 5 years. Bought a cheap brand as I don't see any advantage in buying expensive brands. Why pay 4 times more for a Miele? It's not that it will last 4 times longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Have everything Bosch in the kitchen, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, hub, extraction fan as it came with the house, when it was newly built 5 years ago. Nothing but problems. Had to order a new washing machine yesterday after only 5 years. Bought a cheap brand as I don't see any advantage in buying expensive brands. Why pay 4 times more for a Miele? It's not that it will last 4 times longer.

Bosch isn't a cheap brand - by Beko if you want a cheap brand.

Our Miele washing machine is 8 years old with no issues. It cost about £800 and gets used maybe 3 times a week. My mother in law has one which is about 15 years old and still going. Their washing machines last longer partly because they put the ballast around the drum rather than just a big block on the chassis, so when it spins it doesn't shake itself to pieces.
              Sitting on top of it is a Beko tumble drier that is 3 years old and was £250. It only gets used occasionally.

I had a Miele dishwasher in my last house when we moved out, the new house had a built in one, so I sold the Miele to a friend. It cost me about £900. It's 12 years old now and still going without any problem.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                My families experience does not align with yours.
                My mother has a Bosch washing machine, that she bought 2nd hand, she has been using it for 10 years, so far.
                It will be interesting to see how long the cheap brand lasts you.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

We have a Bosch which is now 15 years old and gets used practically daily and haven't had a problem with it. I still don't know how it works though
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    When your Bosch eventually breaks down you will be able to afford a Miele.
                    Or another Bosch

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    This. Women should never be allowed to load a dishwasher unsupervised. Although, annoyingly, any helpful advice offered tends to both be ignored and to make them angry. I'm not sure what the solution to this issue might be.
                    If you didn't leave the dishes out for days, they wouldn't end up doing it wrong.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Got the Bosch on Sat and fitted it, god I've missed not having one, been dishwasher free for about 3 years prior to this.

Dishwasher seems good quality, great cleaning / drying results, even decent error reporting, the error code it gave me on the first run was spot on, I had connected up the waste pipe but not removed the bung.
                      I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Working...
                      X