• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Dear Marge

Just noticed an old obituary for the woman who was my first (i.e. bonkable) girlfriend - we were together from teens into my early 20's but I ended it after returning from an extended journey abroad as frankly I was bored which she was upset about.

I know she got married a few years later to a guy in the Merchant Navy & I'm ashamed to say we did do a one night stand while her husband was at sea but have had no contact for 30 odd years

The obituary is very brief and dates back to 2006 with no detail about the cause of death- further digging on the internet has identified her family members, their address but I cannot find any contact details on Linkedin / social media etc and remarkably they live only 50 miles from me in the South East (aint stalking great!)

Curiosity is eating me up about how she died - would it be appropriate to drop a old school mail to the husband saying I've only just found out -commiserations blah blah and provide my email address to communicate should he wish (knowing wimmins inability to keep stum he may know about our brief fling while he was away)

or let sleeping dogs lie?
    Apologies if anyone has mentioned it (no time to read the whole thread now), but can't one buy a copy of someone's death certificate similarly to how one can order deeds from the Land Registry?

(I'm guessing the cause of death will be "cancer". But of course it could be anything, such as a car crash.)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Apologies if anyone has mentioned it (no time to read the whole thread now), but can't one buy a copy of someone's death certificate similarly to how one can order deeds from the Land Registry?

(I'm guessing the cause of death will be "cancer". But of course it could be anything, such as a car crash.)
      Yes. But he is shatting in his pants about being caught with that paper by his wife.

Comment

A friend xxxx topped himself in Sep 2013. I tried to find out the inquest details. They are locked for 15 years.

Comment

Working...
        X