• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How early is too early for renewal discussion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How early is too early for renewal discussion?

I had a call from my agent. He wants to talk renewal. 5.5 months to go.

Clearly I won't be starting a boomed thread yet. Or visiting NLYUK to celebrate.

Have I set a record?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    FFS

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Clearly I won't be starting a boomed thread yet. Or visiting NLYUK to celebrate.

Have I set a record?
      Not really. He's probably agreed a rate to keep you there where he's on an 80% margin. He wants to know he can get that Porsche next year.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Direct with client.
        Contract finishes end of June 2016.

Project plan was presented two weeks ago by top ClientCo boss. My name was down for go live in April 2017.
        Came out of meeting, asked manager, he just smiled and said "I thought you wouldn't mind"

Badabing, bada BOOOOM
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Direct with client.
          Contract finishes end of June 2016.

Project plan was presented two weeks ago by top ClientCo boss. My name was down for go live in April 2017.
          Came out of meeting, asked manager, he just smiled and said "I thought you wouldn't mind"

Badabing, bada BOOOOM
          So you've now stopped claiming T&S? Didn't even need Georgie to put anything in his statement.

Comment

Have I set a record?
            That's gonna bugger the 24 month rule up a year in advance lol... If that's even valid anymore...
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              That's gonna bugger the 24 month rule up a year in advance lol... If that's even valid anymore...
              I had already assumed that was gone. I now just hope I can still get a contract of longer than a month!

Comment

Have I set a record?

Comment

5.5. months is deffo a record.

Sounds like the agent thinks its his lucky day and is counting the commision for his next summer holiday!
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X