• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do the captured in Syria sit there when being beheaded?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=BolshieBastard;2179681]Its mainly because they stage mock executions a number of times with the victims so they dont know whether they are going to be killed or not.

Ive no doubt these murdering bastards probably tell them if they dont go along with the sham they torture them more and make it a slow painful death.

We need to bomb these people to ****. Yes, some innocents will likely be killed but you just have to accept casualties in any war.

How easily some of us sit in our comfortable homes in the UK and offer up other unknown families to the slaughter.

Comment

The reason why people just sit there is psychological blackmail. They tell you that if you don't comply, another hostage, your agent, with get beaten up and have some barbed wire stuck up his bum.
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Its mainly because they stage mock executions a number of times with the victims so they dont know whether they are going to be killed or not.

Ive no doubt these murdering bastards probably tell them if they dont go along with the sham they torture them more and make it a slow painful death.

We need to bomb these people to ****. Yes, some innocents will likely be killed but you just have to accept casualties in any war.
        How easily some of us sit in our comfortable homes in the UK and offer up other families to the slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          They tell you that if you don't comply, another hostage, your agent, with get beaten up and have some barbed wire stuck up his bum.
          If they were sticking barbed wire up agents bums then I'd buy their oil off 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
            How easily some of us sit in our comfortable homes in the UK and offer up other unknown families to the slaughter.
            But our homes are comfortable, our country (reasonably) safe because we have intervened and done the right things in the past.

Sitting on the side-lines and doing nothing is not going to help the millions of innocent civilians living in Syria today. Doing nothing will increase their suffering and death-toll.

And lets be clear. The RAF is not about to embark on some Dresden-style bombing raid on Raqqa. It's going to launch a few dozen highly targeted strikes against oil-refineries at most.

If that can reduce IS's oil revenues then that is a small but positive step worth taking in this God awful mess.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I don't get it. There is plenty of videos, and they sit there like calves waiting for slaughter, but unlike calves they know exactly what is going to happen.

They're feet are not bound, just their hands. If I knew I was going to my death, regardless of the odds I'd be up and trying to kick, head but, bite the tulip out of my possible murdered regardless of the chance of success. Better to do something than nothing. I find this propaganda contrived and slightly unreal.

Does anyone else have that view? Or just me?
              I think the others have summed it up.

But when you've been savagely beaten for days or weeks, been water-boarded, watched your friends tortured to death in front of you, had all the hope kicked and beaten from your wretched body until you can stand it no more and once you have accepted a quick death is better than being burned alive in a cage, or drowned in a river then and only then will you be put in front of a camera to take your staring role in another grim production by the IS propaganda machine.

Until that day comes they'll just keep hurting you ...... How many days could you take MF?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                How many days could you take MF?
                I reckon he can manage at least 100 days hunger strike...

Comment

I don't agree with bombing. I think it'll make little difference.

What I think would make a difference:

1) Kick Turkey out of NATO.

2) The world cease all trade Saudi Arabia
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I have no wondered that.

But I have wondered why those sacked from the apprentice don't punch so called Lord Sugar - calling him Alan - on the nose and ask why he pretends he is a businessman when all his money is from property.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      I reckon he can manage at least 100 days hunger strike...
                      Or 100 cannibals can feed on him for 100 days

Comment

Working...
                      X