• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Advice....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    My father looks after my son, and is home all day. I wouldn't dream of considering a dog otherwise, but thanks for your sanctimonious reply anyway, nobhead.
    So your dad looks after your son and this is how you thank him - giving him another thing to do ...

A nice bottle of whiskey for Xmas would have worked better...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Who's gonna look after this **** off massive dog whilst you are at work?

You can't leave it all alone all day whilst you work. That is so cruel to dogs, they are pack animals.
      So your proposal is to get 2-3 dogs so that they won't get bored waiting for Mary to pop in back from work?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        So your dad looks after your son and this is how you thank him - giving him another thing to do ...
        Maybe the father suggested the dog.

There are lots of people who want dogs but can't take care of them all the time.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Maybe the father suggested the dog.

There are lots of people who want dogs but can't take care of them all the time.
          Quite. I'll always have home based care for my son so figure the time is finally right. I really wouldn't like to be an irresponsible dog owner.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Since I know you'll all be dying to know, I opted for an A6 avant le mans in the end. The dog is still with her mamma and will be with us end Jan. Sorted!

Thanks all [but mainly DaveB].
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Since I know you'll all be dying to know, I opted for an A6 avant le mans in the end. The dog is still with her mamma and will be with us end Jan. Sorted!

Thanks all [but mainly DaveB].

Was fat bastard and his range rover a close second?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Was fat bastard and his range rover a close second?
                You've lost me, sorry!
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Since I know you'll all be dying to know, I opted for an A6 avant le mans in the end.

Which engine?
                  Mileage?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Which engine?
                    Mileage?
                    2.7, 40k miles
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

2.7, 40k miles
                      Ah, only just run in!

It's a strong engine and should last for a while.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X