• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zeity something to make for XMAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeity something to make for XMAS

Jonatron

How to Program in Binary Machine Code - Raspberry Pi PDP-11

Want to do some binary machine coding using switches and lights? First, you need to build a PDP-11. This is because a PDP-11 has switches and lights, which is awesome. If you just want to learn a bit without building a PDP-11, scroll down to programming binary machine code.

Disclaimer: I've never used a real PDP-11, so I don't really know what I'm talking about, and there's probably a bunch of errors and mistakes here.

To build my dodgy simulated version of a PDP-11. You'll need (among other things):
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I'm usually the first to be cynical about the usefulness of a Raspberry Pi but now I see you can use it to build a PDP-11 emulator I take it all back. Wow!
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I'm usually the first to be cynical about the usefulness of a Raspberry Pi but now I see you can use it to build a PDP-11 emulator I take it all back. Wow!
      https://www.domoticz.com/

OpenELEC Mediacenter - Download

TUTORIAL: Stand alone Squeezebox server and player for BBQ | Squeezing a Raspberry Pi

Comment

Could someone waterboard Vetran for using the X word?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Could someone waterboard Vetran for using the X word?
          let me see you want to hold me down & dribble fluid over my face? I think you need to wait until Fran(k)cesca comes to visit you on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
          X