• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quarterly tax returns - petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole point of the thing isn't just small firms - it's a quarterly tax return for EVERYBODY by the backdoor.

They will make people pay taxes quicker - no more 21 months delay for the revenue from the point (of say) dividends received, now the tax will be due 3-4 months past the payment date, massive difference.

The whole reason why they forced monthly PAYE reporting is to enable this thingy to work for everybody.

Soon cash won't be legal and electronic money won't be counted as money unless they got cleared through HMRC first.

You heard it on here first...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Reported in the Grauniad here.
      Why does that name sound familiar!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        At least they spared us a photo!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Makes some good points though.

From the HMG response to the petition:
          "Many taxpayers have told HMRC that they want more certainty over their tax bill"

Really? Perhaps some figures on this would be good? Or is this an excuse made to fit the problem?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It appears it's going to be debated in parliament on 25th January.

If you have an MP who ran a business before entering parliament, or is on either the Treasury Committee or Women and Equalities committee, it's time to write to them and explain why this is a bad idea.

Mention if you don't use online software/apps to do your accounts with why or have a bad internet connection regardless of the reason. In addition explain about things like long payment terms and buying stock/assets using the floods as an example of how your profit can disappear over night.

Most importantly ask the MP to attend the debate and vote against it.

All letters can be sent through the website theyworkforyou.com
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The transcript of the debate in Hansard: https://hansard.digiminster.com/comm...esTaxReporting

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The transcript of the debate in Hansard: https://hansard.digiminster.com/comm...esTaxReporting
                Thanks for posting the link. (I read through it a 5am and didn't have time.)

To summarise basically HMRC have made something up without:
                1. Knowing exactly what they want to do, and,
                2. Haven't looked at the impact on small businesses and the self employed.
                Last edited by SueEllen; 27 January 2016, 08:36.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Thanks for posting the link. (I read through it a 5am and didn't have time.)

To summarise basically HMRC have made something up without:
                  1. Knowing exactly what they want to do, and,
                  2. Haven't looked at the impact on small businesses and the self employed.
                  Don't forget 3. Making the staff cuts that will, in theory, be allowed by the new system before actually implementing the new system

Comment

And they wanted the changes retrospective back to 2012.

Comment

Working...
                    X