• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Wars : The Force Awakens (contains spoilers)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars : The Force Awakens (contains spoilers)

Enough of the classic stuff to keep the die hards happy

Lots of action to attract new fans

Some great comedic moments from Han and Chewie but my god Carrie Fisher looks rough

But seeing as it's basically a rehash of the first film I was left a little disappointed from a plot point of view, it's set up nicely for Episode VIII

But mainly, his the **** can they kill Han :cry:
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

My daughter said the entire cinema erupted with laughter when the bad guy was revealed. Far too pretty.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Indeed, expectations were high; a nice chiseled hunky type - looks more like Steve Coogan

Good plot though, 2 more to follow apparently.

Comment

I give it 7.5 out of 10. Main thing is it doesn't suck like the prequels, and restores a bit of Star Wars' good name.

The original stars are great. And having them there makes it "proper" Star Wars again. It's just a shame we didn't get more (or anything) of Master Luke.

The film doesn't tell a story very skillfully, because the plot is all over the place. This is a weakness of J J Abrahams and is normal in his films. The overall package is still great though. And thanks for bringing back a bit of humour.

Biggest drawbacks are the handling of the plot and the character of Rey, who is an obvious Mary Sue and thus detracts both from the plot and from other characters.

Comment

I believe Hans will come back alive. That's the problem with Hollywood. The rules keep changing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I believe Hans will come back alive.

Comment

Put the best elements from first 3 original movies into a blender and that's the plot

Just thought it was a rehash of the best elements of the first original 3 films.
              And you'd think by now the engineers/designers for the Empire's battle stations would build them without these design flaws that lead to their total destruction.

And the new "Vader" bloke looks like a big nosed geek.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I believe Hans will come back alive. That's the problem with Hollywood. The rules keep changing.
                I believe they had to kill him in case the 73 year-old Mr Ford kicks the bucket before they completed number 8.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  I believe they had to kill him in case the 73 year-old Mr Ford kicks the bucket before they completed number 8.
                  Oliver Reid died during Gladiator filming. As I am sure everyone at CUK is aware as we are all gladiator film fans.....

Comment

Wasn't hugely impressed by the younger leads, and the renegade storm trooper felt pretty arbitrary, but I enjoyed Kylo Ren and his scenes. I guess like Anakin, he has plenty of time to become ugly.

Comment

Working...
                    X