• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local Hot Desking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    So headed down to Devon with kids, dog, wife in tow to visit my elderly mother for Xmas and her 80th Birthday in a couple of days.
    I hope you flew first class?

I look forward to your "amusing" anecdotes about time difference, fat Devonians, etcetc.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I look forward to your "amusing" anecdotes fat Devonians, etcetc.
      Shaunbhoy jokes?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was going to PM you to see if you fancied lunch tomorrow. I won't bother now - I doubt that even my scintillating company is worth a 400 mile round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I was going to PM you to see if you fancied lunch tomorrow. I won't bother now - I doubt that even my scintillating company is worth a 400 mile round trip.
          At least you won't go hungry now as he would have gobbled up your salad after making his deep fried pizza (with large chips) disappear in double quick time

Comment

So headed down to Devon
            I'm also the only person here! Is this normal, seems rather cheap to me.
            You are probably still getting that discount for being on the Devon Vulnerable Adults Register. Best keep shtoom and only inform them you have "made progress" once you get north of Taunton again.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

30 minutes later, I'm in a large quiet open plan office sponsored by the local council, key pass, free coffee machines, free stationary, free printers, two meetings rooms, large monitors & keyboards if required for just £10 per day. As I came down at lunchtime, they've only charged me £5!!!! for today.

I'm also the only person here! Is this normal, seems rather cheap to me.
              Which town, out of curiosity?

I have a key to a council-owned reading room in Dulverton, should I ever need to hot desk.

(although technically that is in Somerset)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                The security guards/receptionist is probably grateful for the company.

(I was going to say janitor but realised that we weren't still in the 1970's...)
                or in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  Anyone and everyone who are humans has a soft spot for morbidly obese people
                  Yes, many people have a soft spot for watching documentaries of emergency rescue teams struggling to carry morbidly obese people down flights of stairs on stretchers.

Comment

Working...
                  X