• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non news of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is important. Maybe MPs could discuss something more important. Like how they are going to grow a pair and tell HMRC to fook off. And how they are going to promote the UK computing industry which is continually under attack and needs some TLC.

They could also ban retrospective legislation. Retrospectively....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Yes, although my protest amounted to nothing more than peeing in their letterbox very late at night
      Biological warfare. Guantanamo for you!

Comment

ITV news were reporting about an incriminating facebook account linked to these guys. Obligatory mail hysteria here.

The guy was quite vocal about it all yesterday. He'd applied for a permit to visit before booking the flights so there's some sympathy on that point, but I expect they (the yanks) would do another check on the names of passengers who are ready to board flights to the US, hence people being turfed off planes etc. Given the inability of people to not post incriminating tulip on facebook/twitter every 5 minutes, I reckon that's a decent policy.

Can't help thinking they've shot themselves in the foot here.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Told ya!

Comment

ITV news were reporting about an incriminating facebook account linked to these guys. Obligatory mail hysteria here.
            The fact that the US didn't bother reporting the 19 year old "kid" to the UK intelligence which is a worry.

The guy was quite vocal about it all yesterday. He'd applied for a permit to visit before booking the flights so there's some sympathy on that point, but I expect they (the yanks) would do another check on the names of passengers who are ready to board flights to the US, hence people being turfed off planes etc.

Given the inability of people to not post incriminating tulip on facebook/twitter every 5 minutes, I reckon that's a decent policy.

There have been warnings before not to post jokes about terrorism or anything else on social media. The warnings have been mostly targeted at those under 25.

However US there have been mistakes and getting those mistakes rectified is a problem if they don't tell you what you have been accused of.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why are US homeland security operating at Gatwick Airport?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Well, some people are questioning about the fact that two grown up men are taking nine kids the eldest of which is 18.

Dont shoot the messenger here, as it usually happens in General.
                Probably so one of the grown up men stays married.

I know a few people (OK I'm related to some of them) who go on holiday without their partner but with the kids. Instead they go with a sibling or two and their kids. This is because the partner doesn't like the type of holidays they do, though in all cases it initially started with the excuse "I cannot get time of work".....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Why are US homeland security operating at Gatwick Airport?
                  I have no idea.

Then again UK immigration operate in France and Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I have no idea.

Then again UK immigration operate in France and Belgium.
                    Not often I say anything in support of the cheese eating surrender monkeys. But I hope they deport them.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Probably so one of the grown up men stays married.
                      I thought the men were Muslims so had nothing to fear from divorce?

Comment

Working...
                      X