• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the pro-business Govt, with love...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you are happy to remain a back bencher you can say what you like once elected. However it's best to start as a councillor first, which is a thankless job, as it will enable you to brown nose the local party who select the MP.
    MPs now are for career politicians who would otherwise a complete failure in life. Any successful person would not contemplate getting involved with that tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      MPs now are for career politicians who would otherwise a complete failure in life. Any successful person would not contemplate getting involved with that tulip.
      You mean you don't want loads of directorships for doing SFA, and money for giving after dinner speeches where no one listens to you?

There me thinking you wanted to be as rich as that "peace loving" Tony Blair and "honest" David Cameron.....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You mean you don't want loads of directorships for doing SFA, and money for giving after dinner speeches where no one listens to you? There me thinking you wanted to be as rich as that "peace loving" Tony Blair and "honest" David Cameron.....
        Nah, would not feel like I've earned it.

Comment

Working...
        X