• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot and Moist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I would take that bet. no problem

if he could prove the warming was due to mankind. which he can't.
    Latest science

We find that almost two-thirds of the impacts related to atmospheric and ocean temperature can be confidently attributed to anthropogenic forcing. In contrast, evidence connecting changes in precipitation and their respective impacts to human influence is still weak. Moreover, anthropogenic climate change has been a major influence for approximately three-quarters of the impacts observed on continental scales. Hence the effects of anthropogenic emissions can now be discerned not only globally, but also at more regional and local scales for a variety of natural and human systems.
    http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate2896.html
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Don't be ridiculous
      Anyway, in order for this year to bring down the rolling 30 year average to below last years rolling 30 year average, we would have to enter an ice age tomorrow.

you need to get your head around rolling averages and stop falling for the hype
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Don't be ridiculous
        Anyway, in order for this year to bring down the rolling 30 year average to below last years rolling 30 year average, we would have to enter an ice age tomorrow.

you need to get your head around rolling averages and stop falling for the hype
        Nope. The bet is that the 30 yr average temperature ending 31/12/2016 will exceed all other 30 calendar year periods on record. Static temperatures or a small decrease would probably cause him to lose. But the average has risen relentlessly during both El Nino and La Nina years.

Comment

If the average has risen for 30 years, how can a static year cause the rolling average to fall ?????

are you thick or what
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If the average has risen for 30 years, how can a static year cause the rolling average to fall ?????

are you thick or what
              Ah, so the penny drops.

Comment

In 2008 the difference between the temperature in 2000 and 1910 was lower than today.

Current temperatures are not rising, what is happening is that historic temperatures are going down.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's not science, it's a statistical crime scene....

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    [/IMG]

Current temperatures are not rising, what is happening is that historic temperatures are going down.
                    BS. Blatent cherry-pick. This diagram from the same source shows adjustments are evenly distributed

In fact if you examine the net effect of all statistical adjustments it is to reduce the trend.

Comment

Whatever the problem is with climate change it is not such a problem that anyone feels the need to actually deal with it. So we might as well ignore it.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X