• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE 100 - 2015 Close Predictions ..... And the Winner Is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Six years later, and this is still relevant as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Six years later, and this is still relevant as ever.

So true!

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
          Seems like the correction is underway now delayed after a couple of pre Christmas months pretending everthing is OK.

FTSE 5000 by end of Feb?
          Heading my way

Comment

There is only so much flotsam and jetsam the Market Makers can spin. Sustained lowered growth depressive forces on demand and currency wars will bring the markets down.

'Peak debt' seems to be a new phrase.

More accurately put as 'peak debt fuelled demand'

Comment

Tanking again. Maybe 5000 by end of Feb was too high?

Comment

Tanking again. Maybe 5000 by end of Feb was too high?
                500 by the end of the year.

Comment

More Bank bailouts on the way no doubt. Lessons have not been learned. Wonder who will get ripped off this time and how, taxpayers and savers a given, perhaps they could steal bank deposits?

Comment

More Bank bailouts on the way no doubt. Lessons have not been learned. Wonder who will get ripped off this time and how, taxpayers and savers a given, perhaps they could steal bank deposits?
                    Bail-ins more like. Wave goodbye to your CoCo bonds and deposits greater than the statutory protection.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Bail-ins more like. Wave goodbye to your CoCo bonds and deposits greater than the statutory protection.
                      Does seem like you're stuffed if you've got over £75K in any one bank. I'm not even comfortable with having lesser sums sitting about. You can stick it into NS&I and I think you've got £250K 'covered'. There's also a FCSC clause about cover for £1million for a lifetime event such as buying a house or inheritance. As far as I can tell, once you've popped you hard earned into a bank, it's not your money anymore, you just become an unsecured creditor.

Comment

Working...
                      X