• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for project managers....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tails007 View Post
    Wheres the pulling pants down smiley??
    You tried searching?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Wheres the pulling pants down smiley??
      Have you asked your accountant?

....and where in hell are the gladiators?

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
        As a recruiter of PMs. I am far more interested in what people can practically do and what they have done and how than in which tests they passed. Something like Prince 2 will get you past an agents filter and shows you may understand common terminology, nothing more.
        And lest us not forget that an agent will not discern between found. and pract. when his software strikes.

A simple statement like "I ate 2 lean pieces of pork with a prince who was a most agile fencer" should do the trick.

Comment

That said if he's going to ask stupid questions about how to handle your expenses in the prof forums he is going to get a new one ripped... albeit carefully.. but still.... You are not completely protected over there.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi. I have my agile scrum prince2 qualifications. Is there anything else that others would recommend? I'm looking to open up the possibility of working in other areas, still in the project management field. I've heard that the it security industry pays well, are there any particular certifications that would lend themselves to working in that field?
            Ok, I am going to be serious for a while. How many languages do you speak/write? In my many years as a PM fluency in 4 languages was much more important than industry or certs in determining my rate on big interesting juicy international projects.

I would get of the cert train and invest in languages. In a global market being able to converse with project resources in their native tongue puts you at a huge advantage and I believe it is a trend that will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              And lest us not forget that an agent will not discern between found. and pract. when his software strikes.

A simple statement like "I ate 2 lean pieces of pork with a prince who was a most agile fencer" should do the trick.
              yep

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                Ok, I am going to be serious for a while. How many languages do you speak/write? In my many years as a PM fluency in 4 languages was much more important than industry or certs in determining my rate on big interesting juicy international projects.

I would get of the cert train and invest in languages. In a global market being able to converse with project resources in their native tongue puts you at a huge advantage and I believe it is a trend that will continue.
                Hindi, Urdu, Polish and Mandarin (oh, and a splattering of English.) Should be at a plus then when it comes to PM'ing outsourced teams
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X