• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Section 172

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope - she did a speed awareness last year, but in the paperwork it says all drivers are treated equally i.e. having a clean license (or by extension, having points) doesn't affect anything.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      Nope - she did a speed awareness last year, but in the paperwork it says all drivers are treated equally i.e. having a clean license (or by extension, having points) doesn't affect anything.
      In the divorce paperwork it says men and women are treated equally.....

Comment

So, on balance of probabilities it would have to be you since your wife did the course and would have been aware of the speed she was doing at the time.

Simples.

Comment

I'm just thinking; if she's been on a speed awareness recently and you haven't, it may work out cheaper (on the insurance) if you take the hit and attend the speed awareness course that they'll probably offer.

You're pretty unlucky - 35 is the max that the ACPO guidelines let you get away with.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            One of you will get it if you go to court, possibly both - registered keeper is on the hook anyway, given that it's 36 in 30 then it could be fine but no points as long as you attend speed awareness course which they may offer if you got 0 points.
            I got offered SAC with three points. Think it's cos not all Constabularies offer them and the rule is you can only take the SAC option once.

I think!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              I got offered SAC with three points. Think it's cos not all Constabularies offer them and the rule is you can only take the SAC option once.

I think!
              Which is why I suggested he take it, given the enemy has already had to take one.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I think the rule is that you can only take the SAC once in a two year period.

I think beyond two years, it's discretionary whether you get points or are allowed to take the course again. Not sure who decides or on what criteria.

If Mrs OP already has a SAC to her name, then it's probably beneficial for the OP to take the hit. This assumes that they can't resolve the identity of the actual driver.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Which is why I suggested he take it, given the enemy has already had to take one.
                  I would but it would be against my core principles, accepting guilt when they haven't had to prove anything. Or the keeper is guilty by default.

S172 is basically:

Were you driving? YES - Give us your details. NO - Give us the details of who was.

She could say it was her, then dispute it, but then she's already said it was. There's no option on the form to provide a list of possible drivers.

Thinking the best bet is to email the police address given and say we've investigated, we were both in car travelling to XYZ at that time, can't remember who was driving, very sorry but I've told you everything I can as I am required to do under S172.
                  Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                  "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

So Mrs.rl4's car was caught (fixed camera) doing 36 in a 30 zone, at the time we were both in the car, but cannot honestly remember who was driving as we tend to swap and share (It's the 'family car' - both insured to drive).
                    As this is general I'll bite... You can't remember who was in charge of a ton of metal on a public highway in the last few months... Riiiiiiight.

Anyway, some advice here if you want to stay on this course...

http://www.motorlawyers.co.uk/offenc...ify_driver.php
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 4 January 2016, 16:21.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would but it would be against my core principles, accepting guilt when they haven't had to prove anything. Or the keeper is guilty by default.

S172 is basically:

Were you driving? YES - Give us your details. NO - Give us the details of who was.

She could say it was her, then dispute it, but then she's already said it was. There's no option on the form to provide a list of possible drivers.

Thinking the best bet is to email the police address given and say we've investigated, we were both in car travelling to XYZ at that time, can't remember who was driving, very sorry but I've told you everything I can as I am required to do under S172.
                      ...and receive an MS90.....

Have a browse on pepidoo........

Comment

Working...
                      X